5 Things to Know About Larkin Poe
Get to know a little more about Larkin Poe before they hit our stage October 18th with Elvis Costello.
1. They are from Atlanta, GA! The Roots Rock n’ Roll Band is fronted by sisters Rebecca and Megan Lovell.
2. They have a colorful family background. The band name comes from the girls’ genealogy. It was the name of their great-great-great grandfather, who happens to be distant cousins with Edgar Allen Poe. So creativity clearly runs in the family.
3. Georgia played a huge part in their music career. They posted this on their website: “As Georgia girls, we came up listening to and soaking in the source music of the south: the blues, country, Americana and mountain music; classic rock, and southern rock. That deep and gritty heritage has seeped into the bloodstream of our music,” explains Megan, “We’ve reached a point in our lives where we no longer care to be quite so polite, so “nice”, so perfectionistic. Now is the time to be raw, unapologetically overdriven Larkin Poe. Deep in our bones, we are rockers.”
4. They have backed some great artists. In addition to Elvis Costello, Larkin Poe has helped back Conor Obert (BrightEyes), Kristian Bush (Sugarland), and Steven Tyler.
5. They have new music out! The new album RESKINNED is out now and check out their new single “Trouble in Mind”.
You can follow Larkin Poe on Instagram & Twitter. Tickets are still available to see them live on October 18th. Buy them here!