Cobb-Marietta Coliseum & Exhibit Hall Authority
Authority and Leadership
The Cobb-Marietta Coliseum & Exhibit Hall Authority owns and operates the Cobb Galleria Centre, Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre, and Galleria Specialty Shops and is governed by seven members, appointed to seven posts.
The Authority is a body corporate and politic created by the Georgia General Assembly in 1980 for the purpose of acquiring, constructing and maintaining facilities for the general purpose of promoting cultural growth, education, and welfare.
Transform everyday business and entertainment events into extraordinary experiences.
Be the Southeast’s premier destination for mid-sized conventions, performing arts, and entertainment. We do this by continuing to:
• Provide our guests with innovative convention and performing arts venues, world-class personalized service, and unmatched event experiences
• Provide economic and cultural benefit to the county, the region, and the state
• Foster a rewarding, diverse work environment
• Service Excellence
Authority Board Members
- Post 1 – R. Steven Tumlin
- The Mayor of the City of Marietta serves as the member representing Post 1 during his tenure as Mayor of the City of Marietta.
- Post 2 – Derek Norton
- The Mayor of the City of Smyrna serves as the member representing Post 2 during his tenure as Mayor of the City of Smyrna.
- Post 3 – Robert P. Voyles
- The Board of Commissioners of Cobb County (the governing body of the County) appoints the member representing Post 3 for a term of four years.
- Post 4 – Johnny Gresham, Secretary
- The Cobb County Board of Parks and Recreation appoints the member representing Post 4 for a term of four years. This member must be a resident of Cobb County at the time of appointment and throughout the term of office.
- Post 5 – Mike Boyce
- The Chairman of the Board of Commissioners of Cobb County serves as the member representing Post 5 during his tenure as the Chairman of the Board of Commissioners of Cobb County.
- Post 6 – Jerry Nix, Chairman
- Post 7 – Connie Engel
The members representing Post 6 and Post 7 are appointed by a majority vote of the other five members for terms of four years, and at least one of the members representing Post 6 and Post 7 is required to be a resident of Cobb County at the time of appointment and throughout the term of office.
- Post 1 – R. Steven Tumlin
Board Meeting Dates
The Authority meets bi-monthly on the fourth Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. Meeting location alternates between the Cobb Galleria Centre and Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre.
May 27, 2020 at Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
July 22, 2020 at Cobb Galleria Centre
September 23, 2020 at Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
December 2, 2020 at Cobb Galleria Centre
The Authority has three (3) subcommittees which meet at the Cobb Galleria Centre or Cobb Energy Centre. Scheduled committee meetings are posted on the website once confirmed.
- Robert P. Voyles, Chair
- Steve Tumlin
- Connie Engel
Next Committee Meeting:
Thursday, March 19 at 10:30 am, Cobb Galleria Conference Room
Personnel & Finance
- Johnny Gresham, Chair of Personnel
- Jerry Nix, Chair of Finance
- Derek Norton